The IPSCIO 2021 Royalty Rate Industry Summary provides benchmark royalty rate measures covering 15 industries from over 30 years of data. Average, median and interquartile range (IQR) royalty rate measures by industry are included.
- Telecom (excluding Media)
- Consumer Goods Retail & Leisure
- Media & Entertainment
- Medical/Health Products
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Energy & Environment
- Electrical & Electronics
- Computers & Office Equipment
9,971 royalty rate observations were analyzed. There are fewer transactions in the summary than the total number of transactions in the RoyaltySource® database for several reasons.
- Only technology licenses from public sources are included. Trademark, copyright and right of publicity license transactions are eliminated.
- Many transactions do not fit in the 15 industry groupings chosen to report.
- Other transactions are eliminated because they have a royalty base of something other than a variation of sales.
The summary continues to grow annually and is occasionally refined as additional information is obtained resulting in transactions moving from one industry group to another.
This edition also features a condensed view of technology royalty rate data in battery and fuel cell technology offered in our Alternative Energy Industry report. This Expert Report is part of a series looking closer into technology and trademark licenses. The bundle of records employed in each report are available to purchase by request.
Disclaimer: The information gathered from RoyaltySource® database was sourced from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR Filings and other public records. While we believe the sources to be reliable, this does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. Further, the information is supplied as general guidance and is not intended to represent or be a substitute for a detailed analysis or professional judgment. This information is for private use only and may not be resold or reproduced without permission.