Category: Technology Licenses
Created On: 2022-04-28
Record Count: 7
- Metal & Mining
- Electrical & Electronics
- Energy Resources & Svcs
- Energy & Environment
- Material Composite
- Renewable Energy
IPSCIO Report Record List
Below you will find the records curated into this collection. This summary includes the complete licensed property description so that you can review and determine if this collection covers the topics, technology or transaction type that is relevant for your needs. The full report will include all relevant deal data such as the royalty base, agreement date, term description, royalty rates and other deal terms. For reference, here is a sample of a full IPSCIO curated royalty rate report: Sample Report
IPSCIO Record ID: 334088
Licensor grants access to the EV Battery Recycling Technology and the right to act as an exclusive master agent with respect to the SX EV Battery Recycling Technology in North America.
The technology is patent-pending extraction methods and technology in separation, recovery, and purification of lithium and to act as an agent developing technology in battery recycling.
Licensed IP means all Intellectual Property Rights necessary or useful to practice the Lithium Extraction Technology anytime during the term of this Agreement, including all inventions and Improvements owned or held for use by SXM and/or its Affiliates, and all know-how relating to the Lithium Extraction Technology.
EV Battery Recycling Technology means the technology in lithium bearing battery recycling being developed by Licensor and its Affiliates and any Improvements thereon.
Lithium Extraction Technology means the patent pending extraction methods and technology in separation, recovery and purification of lithium, and any Improvements thereon.
Licensor Technology means, collectively, the EV Battery Recycling Technology and the Lithium Extraction Technology.
Licensor wishes to license the Lithium Extraction Technology to Licensee for lithium bearing prospects in the United States.
IPSCIO Record ID: 131132
â€œProcessâ€ means the process for extracting lithium from wastewater, as described in U.S. Provisional Patent application no. XXXXXXX.
â€œRefined Lithiumâ€ means Li2CO3 produced by Customer or its Affiliates using the Process.
IPSCIO Record ID: 27774
IPSCIO Record ID: 26768
IPSCIO Record ID: 391094
Shaper means the value added step after the production of powder in order to bring it to a usable form such as beads, sponges, pellets, extrusions, films, sprays, membranes and the like.
Invention zirconium metal organic framework technology, as reported to Inven2 in Disclosure of Invention (DOFI) B-08003 (Ultrastable Zirconium-MetalOrganicFramework), and which has been further protected in patents US8653292, US9114348.
Patent US8653292 – Metal organic framework compounds
Patent US9114348 – Metal organic framework compounds
MOF Technology means all Inventions and Data relating to the form or use of metal organic frameworks to which Sublicensor has retained an ownership interest or a license and has the right to sublicense the same. MOF Technology is incorporated in and includes, for example, production of powder, pressed pellets, extrusions, films, sprays, membranes or other applications alike.
MOF Production Technology means all Inventions and Data relating to the production of metal organic frameworks to which Sublicensor has retained an ownership interest or a license and has the right to sublicense the same. MOF Production Technology is incorporated in and includes methods by which MOF Technology is created.
MOF means metal organic frameworks.
Patent Rights shall mean the technology covered by the Composition Patent and all patent applications licensed to Sublicensor, as well as all existing and future filings based thereon, as well as all patent applications, issued patents, and future patents issued from any such patent applications; divisionals, continuations and continuations-in-part, extensions, reissues, re-examinations, post grant reviews, confirmations, renewals, supplemental protection certificates based on any patent or patent application or arising out of same and filed in the Territory within the Field of Use.
A. These licensed areas are intended to be exclusive to and transferable (assignable and sublicensable) by Sublicensee
1. Use of MOFs for Lithium extraction and/or refining from all sources, including but not limited to water/brine, oil, and any other sources etc.
2. Use of MOFs for electrolytes and/or electrodes or other components or materials in lithium batteries. Including systems, apparatus etc.
3. Use of MOFs for transfer, separation, extraction and/or refining of ionic materials from all sources.
4. Use of MOFs for transfer, separation, extraction and/or refining of minerals, metals, and salts from all sources.
B. These areas are Examples of licensed non-transferrable, non-exclusive rights to Sublicensee with rights to sublicense
1. To the extent not already covered in Part A above, Use of MOFs in MMMs for any purposes. The term â€œMMMsâ€ or â€œMixed Matrix Membranesâ€ means MOFs in or on a carrier or support, comprising a polymeric material, for example MMMs as described in PCT Patent Application No. PCT/US2020/047953.
2. To the extent not already covered in Part A. above, use of MOFs for general resource recovery, for example, processing liquids for extracting materials for energy production
3. To the extent not already covered in Part A. above, use of MOFs for water purification.
4. To the extent not already covered in Part A. above, use of MOFs for absorption of ions, salts, metals and/or minerals. (redundant, but ok)
C. These are not currently licensed, but may be licensed to Sublicensee and its partners in the future to expand business development for Sublicensor and Sublicensee
1. Use of MOFs as catalysts to the extent such use is not covered by Part A. Any application of MOFs where the MOF acts as a catalyst. This means that the MOF will enable a chemical reaction to take place to produce a new chemical product at a faster rate or under different conditions. This does not include separation or transfer of minerals, metals, salts, ions or lithium as no chemical reaction is taking place over the MOF, but the MOF is used for its selective diffusion properties. The complex or bonding between minerals, metals, salts, ions or lithium and the MOF is not considered a new chemical product for this purpose.
2. Gas separation in general to the extent such use is not covered by Part A.
3. Downstream oil applications (fractionation).
4. Separation of NH3 and H2S, CO2, NOx SOx and gases from all sources to the extent such use is not covered by Part A.
5. Separation of H2O to the extent not covered by Parts A and/or B above.
IPSCIO Record ID: 66685
Description of the Technology A nine-step process whereby ore is extracted from the ground and submitted purification stages for the purpose of increasing Rare Earth Oxides (REO).
IPSCIO Record ID: 1600