Category: Technology Licenses
Created On: 2022-04-28
Record Count: 4
IPSCIO Report Record List
Below you will find the records curated into this collection. This summary includes the complete licensed property description so that you can review and determine if this collection covers the topics, technology or transaction type that is relevant for your needs. The full report will include all relevant deal data such as the royalty base, agreement date, term description, royalty rates and other deal terms. For reference, here is a sample of a full IPSCIO curated royalty rate report: Sample Report
IPSCIO Record ID: 318738
GeneStratÂ® tests are marketed as part of our Licensees Lung ReflexÂ® testing strategy, are used following diagnosis of lung cancer to measure the presence of mutations in the tumor and the state of the patientâ€™s immune system to establish the patientâ€™s prognosis and help guide treatment decisions.
Droplet Digitalâ„¢ (ddPCR) is an assay techniques used in cancer testing.
Licensee uses combinations of tumor, immune and host profiling, radiological imaging, patient clinical profiling, and Licensees proprietary AI platform, the Diagnostic Cortex, to provide a holistic view of each patientâ€™s dynamic disease state. Licensee uses multiple technologies, as illustrated below, including genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, and radiomics, generated by different assay techniques, including Droplet Digitalâ„¢ (ddPCR).
IPSCIO Record ID: 329693
VIDAS Instrumentation shall mean, collectively, the Licensee instrument system currently known as the VIDAS system and the Licensee instrument system currently known as the mini-VIDAS system, as such systems existed on the date of the VIDAS Agreement and as hereafter modified or supplemented by additional instrumentation or devices as required to accommodate VIDAS Products, each of which modified and/or supplemented systems shall consist of instrumentation which is generally sold for processing and interpreting both Probe Assays and immunoassays, excluding, in any event, all VIDAS Products to be run on such instrumentation, provided, however, that such term may include a Probe Assay-only VIDAS system that Licensee may elect to develop at its expense, and provided, further, such modified and/or supplemented Probe Assay-only instrumentation system shall
– be semi-automated, meaning it does not accept the sample container itself and performs all steps needed to produce the tests results.
– use as its test format (i) a multi-well plastic cassette, currently referred to as a VIDAS strip which contains pre-dispensed reagents, tests for analytes and controls which is manually loaded into and resident in individual incubation and processing slots, and (ii) a pipette tip, currently referred to as an SPA, containing immobilized capture ligands; and
– accommodate, on any single unit capable of stand-alone operation of such modified and/or supplemented instrument system, no more than thirty (30) test cassettes at one time.
VIDAS Products shall mean the following Probe Assays, in each case made, used, or sold under the license granted by Licensor in this Agreement and solely and exclusively for use on VIDAS Instrumentation
– VIDAS Initial Products, which shall mean, collectively, Probe Assays for the detection of Chlamydia trachomatis (VIDAS Probe CT); Probe Assays for the detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae (VIDAS Probe GC), Probe
Assays for the detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and/or Chlamydia trachomatis in combination VIDAS CT/GC Screen and Probe Assays for the detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (VIDAS Probe MTB)
– VIDAS QHIV Product, means the Probe Assay for the quantitative detection of human immunodeficiency virus which has been the subject of joint Parties development efforts prior to the Effective Date. IF Licensee elects to develop an alternative QHIV probe assay for the VIDAS Instrumentation and a new regulatory submission is required for such assay, then (i) if Licensee ceases to market the original VIDAS QHIV Product and markets only the alternative QHIV probe assay, such alternative QHIV probe assay shall thereafter be prospectively considered to be the VIDAS QHIV Product for purposes of this Agreement, but (ii) if Licensee continues to market the original VIDAS QHIV Product and also markets the alternative QHIV probe assay, such alternative QHIV probe assay shall be considered to be a VIDAS Future Infectious Disease Product for purposes of this Agreement.
– VIDAS HLA Product, which shall mean Probe Assays for the detection and quantification of sequences encodingÂ·human leukocyte antigens;
– VIDAS Food Testing Products, which shall mean Probe Assays for the detection of microorganisms in any and all materials associated with the production (including quality control) of foodstuffs or beverages, including water, intended for human or animal consumption.
– VIDAS Future Infectious Disease Products, which shall mean Probe Assays, other than the VIDAS Initial Products and VIDAS QHIV Product, for detection, identification, quantification of, and/or susceptibility testing for agents causing human clinical infectious diseases, as present in the human body, solely for the purpose of diagnosis and medical care of the persons from whom the tested samples were taken.
– VIDAS Other Future Products, which shall mean any Probe Assays which are directed at one or more Option Targets selected by Licensee.
Assay shall mean a diagnostic process or procedure applied to a sample, or a portion of a sample, whereby a particular chemical compound, or a collection of compounds, or a portion of a chemical compound, is detected and optionally quantified.
Probe Assay shall mean an Assay using a nucleic acid as a necessary and active reagent or which detects a set of nucleic acid sequences or a specific nucleic acid sequence, as a means of obtaining useful information relevant to the sample being assayed.
Key Biochemistry Components or KBCs shall mean (a) the lysing tubes, enzymes, nucleic acids and other biochemical compounds and reagents. Key Biochemistry Components are
– All enzymes used in transcription-based amplification, including TMA and variations and improvements to TMA, for use in VIDAS Assays.
– All biochemical components used for amplification of amplicon of target with TMA.
– All probes, primers, and oligonucleotides used in VIDAS Assays.
– Nucleic acids used for positive and negative controls, standards, calibrators, and for quality control of VIDAS Assay components and VIDAS kits.
Licensee and its Affiliates maintain and operate a worldwide network of semi-automated instruments known as VIDAS and mini-VIDAS for the diagnosis of infectious disease and other indications.
VIDAS Field shall mean
– the detection, identification, quantification, and/or susceptibility testing of agents causing human clinical infectious diseases, as present in the human body, solely for the purpose of diagnosis and medical care of the persons from whom the tested samples were taken;
– testing for sequences encoding human leukocyte antigen;
– testing for microorganisms in any and all materials associated with the production, including quality control, of foodstuffs or beverages, including water, intended for human or animal consumption;
– testing for any analyte listed and selected by Licensee, as present in a clinical sample from the human body, solely for the purpose of diagnosis and medical care of the person from whom the tested sample was taken.
The VIDAS Field specifically does not include testing for infectious agents in blood and blood products intended for transfusion, or the testing for infectious agents in blood in connection with organ transplants, or the testing of specimens from non-human animals or environmental sources except as specifically provided above, even if such testing is for the purpose of detecting or identifying organisms which are associated with infectious diseases in man.
The target markers are
– Cancer Markers
5. Cancer related mutations of the mitoch9ndrial RNA in the D-Loop regulatory region, the NADH (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) region, and the dehydrogenase subunit 4.
– Cardiac Markers
6. Factor II (Prothrombiri) mutation (20210)
7. Factor V Leiden mGtation
– Alzheimer Markers
– Sepsis Markers
10. Sepsis specific cytokine.
IPSCIO Record ID: 300607
The FastPack System is for the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases using nanoparticle coating technology similar to the core nanoparticle coating technology.
The FastPack System is a proprietary diagnostics platform launched in 2001. This novel, rapid and highly accurate immunoassay testing system consists of the FastPack Analyzer and the FastPack test pouch; a single-use, disposable, foil packet which includes the FastPack reagent chemistry. Since the initial conception of the system, the Company has developed two versions of its analyzer and test pouch (1.0 and IP) and has expanded its assay menu to 10, including tests for prostate cancer, thyroid function, metabolic disorders and research applications.
Vitamin D, known as the sunshine vitamin, is part of a group of fat-soluble prohormones which encourage the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus in the body. Increasing research is now uncovering evidence illustrating the importance of vitamin D in the protection against a whole host of health issues. It is also estimated that as much as half the population in the world is deficient in vitamin D. The FastPackÂ® IP Vitamin D immunoassay is intended for the quantitative determination of total 25-hydroxyvitamin D and other hydroxylated metabolites in human serum and plasma. This assay is designed for use with the FastPackÂ® IP System which is designed specifically for use in the practice laboratory setting.
IPSCIO Record ID: 294268
This agreement has exclusive and non-exclusive territories.
Clinical Diagnostic means, in connection with clinical medical practice, the assaying, testing, or determination outside of a living organism of one or more Biomarkers in or on any test sample for the purpose of identifying, characterizing, defining, or diagnosing a disease state or other condition in humans or animals, including without limitation determining the state of an individualâ€™s health to treat or prevent disease as well as the screening, prognosis, therapeutic monitoring, and/or evaluation of the progression of any disease or other condition.
Biomarker means any
— nucleic acid (whether DNA, RNA or otherwise), protein or organic molecule;
— set of nucleic acids, proteins and/or organic molecules or
— profile, i.e., presence and/or quantity, of the items described. As used herein, the term protein refers to any polypeptide and the term nucleic acid refers to any nucleotide sequence, in either case whether naturally occurring, synthesized, modified or otherwise.
The patents relate to cancers and heart disease.
Licensee is a provider of diagnostic testing, information and services and has substantial experience in the development and commercialization of products having Clinical Diagnostic Applications. This alliances activities are directed toward discovery of Biomarkers for Clinical Diagnostic applications, and, modifications to the Licensors Platform Technology to meet the requirements of the Clinical Diagnostics markets and FDA.