Category: Technology Licenses
Created On: 2022-04-28
Record Count: 4
- Technical Know How
IPSCIO Report Record List
Below you will find the records curated into this collection. This summary includes the complete licensed property description so that you can review and determine if this collection covers the topics, technology or transaction type that is relevant for your needs. The full report will include all relevant deal data such as the royalty base, agreement date, term description, royalty rates and other deal terms. For reference, here is a sample of a full IPSCIO curated royalty rate report: Sample Report
IPSCIO Record ID: 263935
— with respect to the Enabling Technology and related KnowHow
– an exclusive license in Microbes to develop, make, have made, use, import, have imported, offer for sale, sell or otherwise commercialize or distribute Products and corresponding Services in the Licensees Field; and
– a non-exclusive license in Category II Plants to develop, make, have made, use, import, have imported, offer for sale, sell or otherwise commercialize or distribute Products and Services in the Licensees Field; and,
— with respect to the Enabling Technology and related KnowHow, a non-exclusive license to develop, make and use Expression Hosts for Internal Research Use; and
— with respect to the Product Technology and related KnowHow, an exclusive license to develop, make, have made, use, import, have imported, offer for sale, sell or otherwise commercialize or distribute Products and corresponding Services in the Licensees Field.
Licensor grants a bailment to non-exclusively use the Materials provided by Licensor to Licensee to practice the licenses granted.
The Detection and Research Reagent Field means making, having made, using, and selling of reagents, instruments, and services for the diagnostics and research supply markets, only as follows (1) clinical and diagnostic tests, including those conducted to identify genetic disease predisposition, genetic or other disease conditions, and infectious or pathogenic agents, as well as those conducted for other medical, agricultural or veterinary purposes; (2) tests for analytical/bioanalytical purposes, including those conducted for biomedical, chemical, or medical research or treatment purposes, for environmental purposes, and for forensic purposes, including paternity, maternity, or identity tests; and (3) sequencing and sequence analysis of nucleic acids or other biological polymers for any purpose.
IPSCIO Record ID: 233461
– to make, have made, import, use, offer to Sell and Sell Licensed Products in the In Vitro Human Diagnostics Field in the Territory, and authorize End-Users to perform Diagnostic Services using such Licensed Products in processes covered by the Licensed Patents in accordance with the label license provided with the purchase of such Licensed Products.
– to grant a limited, non-transferable, royalty free sublicense under the Licensed Patents to Research Collaborators of Licensee and/or its Affiliates to practice PCR under their respective contracts with Licensee and/or its Affiliates, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, solely for purposes of doing applied research and development for Licensee and/or its Affiliates of Licensed Products to be Sold in the In Vitro Human Diagnostics Field in accordance with the other terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
– to use PCR technology for the research, development, improvement and quality control and quality assurance of Licensed Products, in each case by Licensee and its Affiliates, internally, for Sale in the In Vitro Human Diagnostics Field.
For Label Licenses on Licensed Products Sold in the In Vitro Human Diagnostics
– Licensees right to sublicense is limited to the right to convey use rights pursuant to a Label License under process claims and composition of matter claims,not apparatus, device or system claims, only to End-User customers, and only through the Sale of Licensed Products.
– Licensee agrees that it shall mark conspicuously all Complete Diagnostic Kits made by or for it,
– Licensee agrees that it shall mark conspicuously all Component Systems for amplification made by or for it
– Licensee agrees that it shall mark conspicuously all Component Systems for detection made by or for it
– Licensee agrees that it shall mark conspicuously all Component Systems for amplification and detection made by or for it
– Licensee agrees that it shall mark conspicuously all Royalty Products other than Complete Diagnostic Kits, Component Systems for amplification, Component Systems for detection and Component Systems for amplification and detection made by or for it and Sold in the In Vitro Human Diagnostics Field.
Licensed Product means a product for use in the In Vitro Human Diagnostics Field, the manufacture, importation, use, offer for Sale or Sale of which would infringe a Valid Claim of Licensed Patents, made by or specifically for Licensee or any of its Affiliates only pursuant to Licensees or its Affiliates specifications, which is any of the following or a combination of any of the following
(a) Complete Diagnostic Kit;
(b) A reagent, accessory, device or system which is used or Sold to be used by End-Users in connection with the practice of PCR, including the steps of sample preparation, amplification and detection;
(c) A Component System; and/or
(d) Reagents Sold to be used by End-Users as replacement components in regard to a Component System.
PCR means the polymerase chain reaction process and technology.
Patents relate to Process for Amplifying, Detecting, and/or Cloning Nucleic Acid Sequences.
The Human Identity Field means the field of use comprising products and processes utilizing PCR for the sole purpose of determining human identity or distinguishing among human beings, whether living or dead. The Term Human Identity Field shall included parentage testing to determine if two or more human beings are biologically related as parent and child and forensic testing for use in, or in preparation for, death investigations or other legal proceedings, but such term shall specifically exclude testing for tissue typing.
In Vitro Human Diagnostics Field means the field of use comprising products and processes utilizing PCR for the measurement, observation or determination of attributes, characteristics, diseases, traits or other conditions of a human being for the medical management of that human being, including without limitation
(a) genetic testing, including determinations of genetic predisposition;
(b) oncology and cancer predisposition testing;
(c) testing for tissue typing (excluding the Human Identity Field);
(d) infectious disease detection, screening, confirmation and monitoring; and
(e) therapeutic drug monitoring.
For purposes of this Agreement, the term 'In Vitro Human Diagnostics Field' shall not include the Human Identity Field.
â€œPCRâ€ means the polymerase chain reaction process and technology involving the amplification of a nucleic acid sequence and the complement of that sequence by repeated cycles of oligonucleotide mediated, template directed synthesis involving the extension of a component primer oligonucleotide by incorporation of monomeric nucleotide triphosphates whereby the sequence, its complement and subsequent synthetic copies thereof are repeatedly separated and used as templates for further cycles of synthesis.
IPSCIO Record ID: 203343
Pursuant to the settlement, the parties hereby irrevocably stipulate the Licensor Licensed Patents in the Territory are valid and enforceable; and, the making, use, offer for sale, sale, or importation of any Licensee Product in the Territory, where a Licensor Licensed Patent has issued and prior to the expiration of such Licensor Licensed Patent, would, in the absence of the licenses granted in the Agreements, as applicable, constitute infringement of one or more claims of such Licensor Licensed Patent.
Per the original agreement, the Parties entered a nonexclusive license in the Territory, without the right to sublicense, under the Licensor Licensed Patents to make, import, use, offer for sale and sell Licensor Licensed Products for use in Blood Screening solely for sale to or use by or on behalf of Existing Customers under the Existing Agreements and Existing Offers.
Blood Screening means the commercial use of products that detect nucleic acid sequence(s) for the screening of blood, plasma or blood components intended for transfusion or for use in blood products (e.g., without limitation, immunoglobulins); or confirmatory or supplemental testing of the same samples otherwise screened for purposes described.
Directed to HIV means that the claim or technology in question is directed to methods, compositions, reagents or kits specifically for use in nucleic acid-based diagnostic assays for the detection of HIV nucleic acid sequence(s), or specifically for use in the manufacture of any compositions or reagents for use in, or manufacture of nucleic acid-based diagnostic assays for detection of HIV nucleic acid sequence(s) (excluding, for example, polymerase chain reaction claims and technology and other methods for detection of nucleic acid sequence(s) generally which involve nucleic acid amplification).
HIV means any viral isolate of the human immunodeficiency virus classified as HIV by the International Committee on the Taxonomy of Viruses (or any body that replaces such Committee) or any subtype of such isolate and further includes any isolate that is at least forty percent (40%) homologous to any such isolate and of the same genomic type and substantially the same genomic organization, any isolate that has a genome that either hybridizes to or is substantially identical to any such isolate or its compliment, and any defective or modified form of any of the above isolates.
''Patent' means U.S. Patent No. 6,531,276 Bl
IPSCIO Record ID: 329692
By this agreement, the Parties shall cooperate in the Development Transition and in the transfer of any information and Know-How necessary for Licensee to assume the development of the ANAIS Products.
Licensor grants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license in the ANAIS Field to use the Licensor Technology to develop, make and have made, use, sell, offer for sale, have sold, and import the ANAIS Products, solely and exclusively for use on the ANAIS Instrumentation.
Key BioChemistry Components include
– All enzymes used in transcription-based amplification for use in ANAIS Assays.
– All biochemical components used for amplification of amplicon of target with TMA, which is Licensors patents and technology relating to Nucleic Acid Sequence Amplification Methods.
– All probes, primers, and oligonucleotides used in ANAIS Assays.
– Nucleic acids used for ,positive and negative controls, standards, calibrators, and for quality control of ANAIS Assay components.
ANAIS products shall mean the following Probe Assays, in each case made, used, or sold under the license granted by Licensor and solely and exclusively for use on ANAIS Instrumentation
– Probe Assays for the detection, identification, quantification, and/or susceptibility testing for panels of microorganisms or agents (but specifically excluding single organisms) in specimens taken from humans, solely for the purpose of diagnosis and medical care of the persons from whom the tested samples were taken. A panel shall test for 10 or more distinct species of organisms or agents in the following groups of microorganisms
or agents Bacteria; Viruses; Yeast/Fungi; or, Parasites.The panels shall be medically relevant.
– Probe Assays for the detection, identification, quantification, and/or susceptibility testing for an individual organism, drawn only from the groups or families listed below, in specimens taken from humans, solely for the purpose of diagnosis and medical care of the persons from whom the tested samples were taken Hepatitis virus; HIV virus; Herpes virus; Human papilloma virus; HTLV Virus; Yeast; Fungus; Parasite; and, Bacterium other than Neisseria gonorrhoeae or Chlamydia trachomatis.
– Probe Assays for testing of sequences encoding human leukocyte antigens in specimens taken from humans and/or
– Probe Assays to detect and /or precisely identify microorganisms or agents including bacteria, yeast, viruses and parasites for use in quality control processes of water, food products, and/or previously developed pharmaceutical or cosmetic products, and/or identify foods coming or derived from plants and/or/ animals for the purpose of confirming anticipated source(s) of the food.
Assay shall mean a diagnostic process or procedure applied to a sample, or a portion of a sample, whereby a particular chemical compound, or a collection of compounds, or a portion of a chemical compound, is detected and optionally quantified.
– the detection, identification, quantification, and/or susceptibility testing of organisms or agents causing human clinical infectious diseases, as present in the human body, solely for the purpose of diagnosis and medical care of the persons from whom the tested samples were taken;
– testing for sequences encoding human leukocyte antigens;
– testing for microorganisms or agents, including bacteria, yeast, viruses and parasites in quality control processes of water, food products, and/or previously developed pharmaceutical or cosmetic products; and/or
– testing for the purposes of identifying genetically-modified foodstuffs or identifying animal species in foodstuffs.
The ANAIS Field specifically does not include testing for infectious agents in blood and blood products intended for transfusion, or the testing for infectious agents in blood in connection with organ transplants, or the testing of specimens from non-human animals or environmental sources except as specifically provided above, even if such testing is for the purpose of detecting or identifying organisms which are associated with infectious diseases in man.